NLP Psychotherapy helps you to change your behaviour by helping you understand and change the underlying mechanism that supports how you “think, feel and act.” You explore your world through your senses and how that information is encoded affects how you view and respond to it. So when you change the way you have coded it, you change it at the core. And now, because once you have opened the door to a new experience that are directly correlated to that change, it can never be the same. So, by consistently disrupting that coding every a similar experience happens you change that behaviour forever – it is as simple as that!.
NLP was developed by Richard Bandler and David Grinder in the 1970’s who realised that after having modeled many successful people found they were intentionally manipulating the way they experienced their lives. The believed that they were the Creators of their Life and so they orchestrated it purposefully. There is a saying that “God is in the Detail” and what this means is, that when you take the time to be curious about the structure of how you work and utilise those tools in a whole different way, transform happens. NLP psychotherapy, unlike other psycho-therapeutic approaches is outcome focused.
And so, in our sessions together how we will help you achieve your outcome is to start off by asking you a lot of strange or different “sorts of questions” so that, you can get to know yourself and appreciate just how unique you are.
There is no one else like you and so, only YOU can do YOU and only YOU can change YOU!
When you take time to focus your attention and can establish the meanings you’ve attributed to particular incidents or events in your life and get to understand, why they happened and how you responded, without blame, shame, guilt or contempt and lovingly change them you become a new person that is confident, empowered, has greater agency and control.
NLP and NLP psychotherapy all follow deep felt presuppositions which I believe makes for a wold that is kinder, more accepting and loving.
– You are a creator and therefor you have all the resources within you to create the changes you want.
– Behind every behaviour is a positive intention even if, the behaviour is seems totally undesirable. Remember these challenge are your gifts that should you work with them and take time to change them, you will get the greatest transformation
– The map is not the territory. How I see the world is not the same as you do, we have had different lived experiences and that these experiences should be celebrated and not despised. They are our uniqueness as they give the colour to the world.
– The person with the greatest flexibility has the biggest opportunity to change the system. Thus greater awareness that you have about the system the more likely you can see a way to creatively change things positively
– You cannot not communicate. you are always communicating even if you are not physically speaking. 70% of communication is non-verbal which is run by our emotional channel which is often outside our awareness. So the more aware of your feelings the better you can control how you respond.
I had persistent headaches for a number of years and knew that there was a psychological element to it. I had seen doctors, tried acupuncture and craniosacral therapy to not much effect and had to take painkillers more or less every day for years. A few sessions with Sherine helped me to understand what was happening and within a month I stopped taking painkillers. Her treatment was a revelation and would recommend it to anyone in a similar circumstance. ~ Henry Greenwood Founder and Managing Director at Green Schools Project
When I met Sherine, I was in a very toxic and rather abusive time in my life which eroded much of my confidence and self-image. Sherine helped me to see how many events in my life had brought me to that place, as well as allowing me to discover a much stronger, confident and self-loving person within myself. She always knows exactly the right questions to ask, or offer the tools I need, so that I may see the positive steps that I need to take, which are often before me. No matter how I may have felt upon entering her office, I always feel better when I leave. I could never thank her enough. ~ Brendan Hayes Lead Technical Workday Architect at VirtualResource